In 10 Advantages to Liking Your Body As It Is, Gestalt Psychotherapist, Cindy Blank-Edelman shares with us about all things body image.
Cindy Blank-Edelman has been a licensed mental health counselor for over 20 years. She has a private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts working with trauma survivors, the LGBTQ community, and other adults from a Health At Every Size perspective. As a feminist Gestalt therapist, her work as a therapist focuses on helping clients with self-acceptance. When she’s not working, Cindy likes to spend time with her family, read, sing and crochet.
In 10 Advantages to Liking Your Body As It Is, Gestalt Psychotherapist, Cindy Blank-Edelman also shares with us about:
- What brought Cindy to this work?
- What is Gestalt psychotherapy?
- What is body image?
- Can you change your body image by changing your body?
- What’s privilege got to do with it?
- Being radical
- Body freedom
- The paradoxical theory of change
- Acceptance & change
- Diet culture, oppression, racism, sexism and misogyny
- The brain, negative bias and Velcro
- Circle of Security Parenting
- Negative body image is bad for our health – find out why
- Diabetes, weight and body image
- Cindy takes us through the Top 10 advantages to liking your body as it is
- Freedom tastes better than thin
- Good and bad foods
- Camilla kaftans for every size
- How therapists and health professionals miss their clients
- Stop the fat talk with Sarah McMahon
- Yalom and the fat lady discussion with Cheryl Fuller
- Dieting and control blog on Cindy’s website
Connect with Cindy on Social:
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.