In Find Hope When You Feel Like Dying, Fiona Livingstone, talks about her journey through depression, bulimia, trauma and the suicide of her father. Fiona now runs workshops to prevent, heal and post-care from suicide.
Fiona has been working in suicide prevention for over 7 years. She holds a number of educational workshops so that people have the skills needed to identify someone who might be struggling, or thinking about suicide, to know what to say, and to know what supports are available. Fiona delivers training to health professionals, service providers, as well as community members who have no professional connection to suicide prevention. Fiona’s dedication for this work comes from her own lived experiences around suicide. She delivers this important work through her business, Find Hope. More recently, Fiona identified the need for people to understand how to support people who are bereaved by suicide, and she has developed a workshop that addresses this.
Fiona is also the Soul Centre author of 11 Powerful Lessons That The COVID Crisis Taught Me.
In Find Hope When You Feel Like Dying, Fiona talks about:
- Her own journey through bulimia, depression and the suicide of her father
- When someone desires suicide
- Two psychological states: perceived burdensomeness and thwarted belongingness
- The link between eating disorders and suicide
- Why people attempt to die by suicide
- Why don’t people who attempt to die by suicide reach out for help
- Myths about suicide
- What signs do we need to look out for?
- How do we talk about suicide?
- Do you need to be a health professional to talk about suicide?
- How Fiona recovered from complex trauma, depression and disordered eating
- How depth psychotherapy works
- How long does therapy take
- Fiona’s suicide programs:
- Find Hope
- Find Hope After Suicide
- Find Healing
Connect with Fiona
Find Hope Website
Find Hope on Facebook
Find Hope on Instagram
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.