In Treating Trauma with Somatic & Talk Therapy, Andrea Szasz talks about healing the split between somatic and talk therapy.
Andi (Ondi) is a clinical psychotherapist in private practice in Sydney, specialising in the treatment of trauma. Her work is grounded in the Conversational Model of psychodynamic psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing® and is informed by attachment theory and interpersonal neurobiology. She holds a Master of Science degree in Medicine (Psychotherapy), Graduate Diploma of Psychology a Bachelor’s in Counselling and she is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner®. Andi is a reliable coder of the Adult Attachment Interview and currently working on her PhD at the Brain and Mind Centre, collaborating in a research combined with the Westmead Psychotherapy program. Her passion is integrating her academic knowledge with the deeply known wisdom of the body, and her own experiences as a practicing psychotherapist over the last ten ++years.
In Treating Trauma with Somatic & Talk Therapy, Andi also talks about:
- What brought Andrea to this work?
- What is attachment?
- What are the attachment styles?
- The secure base
- Fight, flight and freeze
- Why and how do we bring the body into the room?
- Emotions, feelings and the body
- Somatic Therapies: Somatic experiencing, Sensorimotor, Hakomi, Embodied Imagination
- Trauma informed yoga
- Emotional regulation
- Somatic therapy versus talk therapy
- Healing the split between somatic and talk therapy
- Healing the split by Nelson
- Master talk therapists, relationship and attunement
- Pat Ogden, Bessel van der Kolk, Norman Doidge
- Bad talk therapy doesn’t work
- Disconnection and connection
- Psychotherapy wars / Kung Fu wars
- EMDR and brainspotting
- Long-term trauma therapy
- University of Sydney Trauma Informed Psychotherapy
- The Daring Way
- Adult Attachment Interview
Connect with Andi on Social
Brave Therapy website
Brave Therapy on Facebook
Brave Therapy on Instagram
Brave Therapy on LinkedIn
Brave Therapy Newsletter
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists