In Should I Get the COVID Vaccine?, Immunologist Dr. Tania Gourley answers all of your questions about whether you should get vaccinated or not.
Dr. Tania Gourley received her Ph.D. in 2002 from the University of Michigan in Microbiology and Immunology. Her post-doctoral training was with Dr. Rafi Ahmed at Emory University, a world leader in immunological responses to viral infection and vaccination. Dr. Gourley’s post-doctoral research focussed on the antibody and T cell responses to both viral infection and vaccination including influenza vaccination in immune compromised individuals. Currently, she is working as a Senior Project Coordinator in the Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology/Emory Vaccine Center at the Emory University School of Medicine. Dr. Gourley manages research studies on viral immunity including a Covid-19 study which is evaluating the longevity of the immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus in infected individuals over a two year period. Dr. Gourley grew up in New Zealand and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband, two children, and three dogs.
In Should I Get the COVID Vaccine? Dr Gourley and I talk about:
- Why she became an immunologist
- Our family history of lock-downs and vaccination
- Influenza, Tuberculosis and Polio
- Trauma and the immune system
- What is a vaccine?
- How are vaccines developed and tested?
- What kind of person sits for COVID trials?
- Are the vaccines new?
- Some of the vaccine trials were paused, why?
- How do the COVID vaccines work?
- Who should get the COVID vaccine?
- Who shouldn’t get the COVID vaccine?
- What are the side effects of a COVID vaccine?
- Are the vaccines safe?
- Am I playing Russian Roulette if I get the vaccine?
- What’s Andrew Jeremy Wakefield got to do with the COVID anti-vax movement? (Andrew Wakefield was struck off the medical register due to his involvement in the Lancet MMR autism fraud, a 1998 study that falsely claimed a link between the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism).
- What are the benefits of a COVID vaccine?
- Should children get vaccinated
- Myth busting about the COVID vaccine
- COVID is just like the flu, we should open up and just live with it
- The COVID vaccines are new and are still in a trial phase – we are all guinea pigs
- The COVID vaccines could cause infertility
- The government are really injecting microchips into our arms
- My immune system is top notch, I eat clean and I have a spiritual practice, my immune system will fight off COVID, I therefore have no need for a mask or the vaccine
- You can still catch COVID even though you have the vaccine so there is no point in taking it
- At the end of the World Health Organisation vaccine video series, they say, ‘stay safe, stay healthy and stick with science‘ Why is it important that we stick with the science here and not just opinions?
- There are a lot of people saying, ‘I’ll just wait and see’ – what is your advice for people who are still hesitant?
- Personal choice and the anti-vax movement
Links mentioned in this episode:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The Anti-Vax Conspiracy
- Vaccines weren’t rushed
- This Jungian Life Podcast: Lock-downs, Masks & Conspiracy Theories
- Cracking COVID
- Spiritual narcissism
- The COVID Fertility Issue We Should Be Worried About
- Pandemics result from destruction of nature, say UN and WHO
- How disgraced anti-vaxxer Andrew Wakefield was embraced by Trump’s America
- The Hill of Hope – Cashmere Sanatorium. Photo Credit: Christchurch City Council Libraries
Informed Consent for In-Person Therapy Sessions + Vaccination Certificate requirement Letter Template for Therapists. Buy Now!
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Follow The Soul Centre. Healing, Self-Development, Spiritual & Post Traumatic Growth on Facebook
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Thank you for this. It has helped me a lot to understand to vaccines a lot better. I have been hesitant due to having many allergies and quite bad reactions to flu needles. Social media is confusing a lot of people. I think my next step is to find a doctor who will guide me through and help me to clear my head. This was very insightful to listen to so thank you so much.