In this episode of the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale, I interview Nicole Burgess about the People Pleaser, the Inner Critic & the Perfectionist.
Nicole is a licensed psychotherapist and leadership coach to introverted, sensitive, purpose-driven professional women. She is also the host of Soulfilled Sisterhood podcast and founder of the Self-Care Summit: Improve Your Bottom Line and Your Personal Life. Over the last fifteen years, she has coached, guided, and collaborated with over a 1,000 women. She helps them break free from perfectionism, demote their inner critic, embrace their fears through action, and grow professionally without sacrificing their personal life. As a result, they are more productive at work, have more meaningful relationships, and no longer sacrifice their well-being for others.
In the People Pleaser, the Inner Critic and the Perfectionist, Nicole talks about:
- Her own history with these parts and how she came to be a therapist
- What is transpersonal psychology?
- The Critic, the Perfectionist, the People Pleaser – what these parts sound like
- Where overidentification with these parts stems from
- What the real issues are underlying these parts
- How women can find freedom from these parts
- Objections the listeners might have to letting go of these parts
- What women can expect if they were to work with Nicole
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Free Gift: 10 Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist!
Kristin Neff, Ph.D: Self-Compassion.Org
PsychCentral: 15 Common Cognitive Distortions
Brené Brown: The Gifts of Imperfection
Journal resources on Pinterest
Kintsugi on Pinterest
Connect with Nicole:
Nicole’s coaching website
Nicole on Facebook
Nicole on LinkedIn
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.