In this episode of the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale, I interview Nicole Burgess about the People Pleaser, the Inner Critic & the Perfectionist.
Nicole is a licensed psychotherapist and leadership coach to introverted, sensitive, purpose-driven professional women. She is also the host of Soulfilled Sisterhood podcast and founder of the Self-Care Summit: Improve Your Bottom Line and Your Personal Life. Over the last fifteen years, she has coached, guided, and collaborated with over a 1,000 women. She helps them break free from perfectionism, demote their inner critic, embrace their fears through action, and grow professionally without sacrificing their personal life. As a result, they are more productive at work, have more meaningful relationships, and no longer sacrifice their well-being for others.
In the People Pleaser, the Inner Critic and the Perfectionist, Nicole talks about:
- Her own history with these parts and how she came to be a therapist
- What is transpersonal psychology?
- The Critic, the Perfectionist, the People Pleaser – what these parts sound like
- Where overidentification with these parts stems from
- What the real issues are underlying these parts
- How women can find freedom from these parts
- Objections the listeners might have to letting go of these parts
- What women can expect if they were to work with Nicole
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Free Gift: 10 Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist!
Kristin Neff, Ph.D: Self-Compassion.Org
PsychCentral: 15 Common Cognitive Distortions
Brené Brown: The Gifts of Imperfection
Journal resources on Pinterest
Kintsugi on Pinterest
Connect with Nicole:
Nicole’s coaching website
Nicole on Facebook
Nicole on LinkedIn
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists