In Sexual Deception & Betrayal Trauma, I interview Mari Lee about women who have experienced sexual deception and betrayal trauma due to their partner’s sex and porn addiction.
Mari A. Lee is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Certified in Sex Addiction and Partners, Betrayal Trauma, and Mindfulness. She is the founder of Growth Counseling, located in California. Mari is recognized for her work with sex addicts, betrayed spouses, and couples healing from infidelity. Mari is the author of, “Healing from Betrayal” and “The Creative Clinician”, and the co-author of, “Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts.” Her next book, “The Gift in the Wound” will be out in 2021. She is a popular speaker presenting on sex and love addiction, and betrayal trauma. Finally, Mari is a trusted business coach to healing professionals around the world.
In Sexual Deception and Betrayal Trauma, Mari also talks about:
- What brought Mari to this work
- What is sex and porn addiction?
- Sexually compulsivity
- The negative consequences to sex addiction
- Is pornography harmful?
- What is betrayal trauma?
- Gaslighting and betrayal trauma
- How does betrayal trauma show up in the lives of the betrayed?
- The link with body image issues
- Shame and betrayal trauma
- Safety checking and safety seeking behaviours
- Boundaries and safety requests
- Post traumatic stress response
- The grief cycle
- How do betrayed partners begin to heal?
- Resources for betrayed partners
- Protection and safety plans
- How to write a boundary letter
- The different types of boundaries
- Ultimatums versus boundaries
- Healing is possible
- Final words for someone trying to heal
Buy Mari’s books:
Facing Heartbreak: Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts
Healing Betrayal: First Steps for Partners and Spouses of Sex and Pornography Addicts
Connect with Mari:
Growth Counselling Services Website
The Counselor’s Coach Website
Mari Lee Therapy on Facebook
The Counselor’s Coach on Facebook
Mari Lee on LinkedIn
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Join The Soul-Centred Women Facebook Group
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download