In Stop the Fat Talk, BodyMatters founder Sarah McMahon talks about dieting, disordered eating (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, orthorexia), body image, fat talking and diet culture.
Sarah has worked in the field of eating disorders for approximately 15 years, supporting hundreds of people to achieve recovery. Sarah embraces best practice therapy and works collaboratively with clients and their support systems, including families and other health professionals. Sarah appreciates the complexity of eating and body image issues and also treats the many “comorbid” challenges that typically present simultaneously, including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship breakdown and complex trauma.
In Stop the Fat Talk, Sarah also talks about
- Why Sarah has dedicated her career to working with people suffering from eating disorders
- The BodyMatters Fat Talk blog
- Health at every size
- Fat talking statistics
- Why are consumed by fat talk?
- What is fat talk?
- The diet, medical, fashion, beauty industry
- Everyone is a health expert
- The consequences of fat talking
- What’s the Matter Mary Jane?
- From Fasting Saints to Anorexia Girls
- How to stop the fat talk
- Boundaries with friends who fat talk
- Tips for parents who fat talk
- How to heal from fat talk
- BodyMatters services
Connect with Sarah
BodyMatters on Facebook
BodyMatters on Instagram
Sarah on LinkedIn
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists