In this episode, Abby Seixas talks about her bestselling book, Finding the Deep River Within.
Abby Seixas is a psychotherapist, author and speaker specializing in issues of self-care for women. She offers workshops, retreats and individualized coaching as well as her popular “Deep River”™ groups. Her television appearances include NBC’s The Today Show and her work has been featured in O–The Oprah Magazine, Self, Woman’s Day, Fitness, Body & Soul, and The Boston Globe.
Abby has spoken to audiences in person and online across the U.S. and abroad about how to live a soulful life in a speed-obsessed world. She has been in the mental health field for more than forty years and has been a clinical psychotherapy trainer at training centers in the United States and abroad. A mother and grandmother, Abby lives with her husband outside Boston, Massachusetts.
In Finding the Deep River Within, Abby talks about:
- Her early life and becoming a psychotherapist
- Meditation and the human potential movement
- The pandemic and mental health
- What is the deep river within?
- What are blocking beliefs
- Slowing down, making time for oneself and turning inwards
- Making boundaries and saying no
- Befriending feelings
- Taming expectations
- Counselling / therapy
- How to keep the river flowing
- Book: The Deep River Within
Connect with Abby:
Abby on Facebook
Abby on Twitter
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.