In this episode, Abby Seixas talks about her bestselling book, Finding the Deep River Within.
Abby Seixas is a psychotherapist, author and speaker specializing in issues of self-care for women. She offers workshops, retreats and individualized coaching as well as her popular “Deep River”™ groups. Her television appearances include NBC’s The Today Show and her work has been featured in O–The Oprah Magazine, Self, Woman’s Day, Fitness, Body & Soul, and The Boston Globe.
Abby has spoken to audiences in person and online across the U.S. and abroad about how to live a soulful life in a speed-obsessed world. She has been in the mental health field for more than forty years and has been a clinical psychotherapy trainer at training centers in the United States and abroad. A mother and grandmother, Abby lives with her husband outside Boston, Massachusetts.
In Finding the Deep River Within, Abby talks about:
- Her early life and becoming a psychotherapist
- Meditation and the human potential movement
- The pandemic and mental health
- What is the deep river within?
- What are blocking beliefs
- Slowing down, making time for oneself and turning inwards
- Making boundaries and saying no
- Befriending feelings
- Taming expectations
- Counselling / therapy
- How to keep the river flowing
- Book: The Deep River Within
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists