In Healing Trauma with Music Therapy, Maya Benattar talks with us about all things music therapy.
Maya Benattar, MA, MT-BC, LCAT is a music therapist and psychotherapist in private practice in Midtown Manhattan and online throughout NY state. Her specialties include anxiety, developmental/intergenerational trauma and highly sensitive people (HSP). In addition to her clinical work, Maya offers supervision/consultation for other therapists, provides professional development and wellness workshops, and offers restorative workshops for helpers and healers. Maya received her master’s degree from New York University, and has completed extensive postgraduate training in vocal psychotherapy, creative arts therapies in healing trauma treatment, and music and imagery. For more information about Maya and her work, visit her website at www.mayabenattar.com
In Healing Trauma with Music Therapy, Maya also talks about:
- What it was that brought her to this work
- What is music therapy?
- What types of music would someone use in music therapy?
- Do people have to be musical to go to music therapy?
- Why would someone come to music therapy?/What symptoms are they struggling with?
- Disordered eating, trauma (CPTSD), attachment trauma and music therapy
- Coming back to the body
- How can music therapy improve our mental health and help us heal and grow?
- What does a music therapy session look like?
- What is vocal psychotherapy?
- What happens in a music therapy workshop?
- Helpers and Healers Workshop
- American Music Therapy Association
- World Federation of Music Therapy
- Australian Music Therapy Association
Connect with Maya on Social:
Maya on Instagram
Maya on Facebook
Maya on Spotify
What Maya is listening to:
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Follow The Soul Centre. Healing, Self-Development, Spiritual & Post Traumatic Growth on Facebook
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download