In NOOM: The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, Cherie Miller, MS, LPC, talks to us about the diet NOOM.
Cherie is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Texas. She is founder and owner of Food Freedom Therapy™, a group practice of therapists and coaches who help people make peace with food and their bodies. Cherie has 15 years years of experience as an eating disorder therapist, mentor, speaker, educator, and advocate. She is also a member of the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation (IAEDP) and the Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH).
In NOOM: The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, Cherie Miller also talks about:
- What brought Cherie to this work
- What is NOOM?
- Cherie’s experience the free trial
- How many people use NOOM?
- What are the two main claims?
- Is NOOM a diet? They say NO, we say Yes!
- What’s wrong with it?
- NOOM, colour coding and counting calories
- Intentional weight loss
- Splitting: Good and bad foods
- 95% diets don’t work but NOOM claims life long results
- Is the evidence correct?
- What’s wrong with weighing oneself daily?
- Obsessive behaviour, disordered eating and eating disorders
- Should therapists support their clients to participate in this program or other intentional weight loss?
- The use of the term ‘obesity’ and the obesity epidemic
- Weight oppression, bias and stigma of clients in bigger bodies
- The Health at Every Size at movement
- Grieving the loss of the fact that weight loss doesn’t work
- Developing a healthy and trusting relationship with your body
- Cherie’s top tips for women at home
- Be intentional about your social media feed
Connect with Cherie on Social:
Food Freedom Therapy with Cherie Miller
Cherie Miller on Instagram
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.