In Assertiveness for Women, Dr Julie Hanks talks In Assertiveness for Women, Dr Julie Hanks talks about her book, The Assertiveness Guide for Women: How to Communicate Your Needs, Set Healthy Boundaries, and Transform Your Relationships. This episode will be transformative for anyone who has suffered with early childhood trauma (attachment trauma, complex trauma, development trauma) and childhood emotional neglect as well as disordered eating or an eating disorder.
Dr. Julie Hanks, PhD, LCSW is a licensed psychotherapist, coach, content creator, author, speaker, owner of Wasatch Family Therapy, and host of the Ask Dr. Julie Hanks podcast. With nearly 30 years experience, Dr. Hanks provides a safe place for healing conversations that educate and empower women to prioritize their dreams, revolutionize their families, and personalize their faith.
In Assertiveness for Women, Dr Julie Hanks also talks about
- What brought her to this work
- What is assertiveness?
- What causes women to not be assertive?
- What has attachment got to do with assertiveness?
- Eating disorders, disordered eating and assertiveness
- Why is assertiveness so important?
- Assertiveness, food and feelings
- Non-violent communication – feelings and needs
- The 5 skills women need to develop to be assertive
- Trauma, boundaries and assertiveness
Connect with Julie on Social
Dr Julie Hanks on Instagram
Dr Julie Hanks on Twitter
Dr Julie Hanks on Facebook
Dr Julie Hanks Website
Dr Julie Hanks Podcast
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists