In Psychotherapy 101, my guest Integrative Art Psychotherapist, Emma Cameron, answers all of your questions about how psychotherapy works.
Emma is a UKCP registered Integrative Arts Psychotherapist, clinical supervisor, AEDP therapist, and artist who lives and works in the U.K. Emma specialises in working online with sensitive, thoughtful women of all ages and all sizes. She helps her clients find new, creative ways to make sense of their anxiety and their other emotions, and to work on healing from painful past experiences. Emma is a strong believer in the power of creativity and the imagination as a part of positive therapeutic change, in online therapy as well as face-to-face.
In Psychotherapy 101, Emma talks about:
- what brought her to this work
- what we would see if we were a fly on the wall in therapy
- the types of techniques used in counselling and psychotherapy
- the kind of people who go to therapy
- how therapy works
- attachment 101 and the therapeutic relationship
- how often people go to therapy and for how long
- whether it normal to feel attached or even dependent on the therapist
- how to cope when our therapist is on holidays
- if it is OK to give our therapist feedback
- whether therapists really care or perhaps even love their clients
- do therapists have their own therapy? If so why?
- how to know when we are ready to end therapy
Connect with Emma on Social:
Emma Cameron Website
Emma Cameron on Twitter
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Follow The Soul Centre. Healing, Self-Development, Spiritual & Post Traumatic Growth on Facebook
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply