In Do I Need a Therapist or a Coach?, Soul Sessions podcast host Jodie Gale shares about everything you need to know about the difference between therapy and coaching and whether you need a therapist or a coach. This episode is based on her popular article Everything You Need to Know About the Difference Between Therapy and Coaching.
Jodie is a soul-centred, eco-psychosynthesis psychotherapist and mind body eating coach who specialises in early childhood trauma, childhood emotional neglect, disordered eating and the trance of unworthiness.
In Do I Need a Therapist or a Coach? Jodie talks about:
- What do Tony Robbins, Brooke Castillo and Marie Forleo have to do with therapy versus coaching?
- What is psychotherapy?
- What is coaching?
- How does therapy work?
- How does coaching work?
- The therapeutic frame
- The coaching frame
- What are the benefits of counselling and psychotherapy?
- What are the benefits of coaching?
- What training do counsellors and psychotherapists have?
- What are psychotherapy training requirements?
- What are coaching training requirements?
- What are therapist supervision requirements?
- What are coach supervision requirements?
- What are counsellor and psychotherapists’ personal therapy requirements?
- What are coaches’ personal coaching requirements?
- What are the different types of therapy?
- What are the different types of coaching?
- What are the reasons you might seek a psychotherapist?
- What are the reasons you might seek a coach?
- What are the limitations of therapy?
- What are the limitations of coaching?
- How do I find a counsellor or psychotherapist?
- How do I find a coach?
This blog post was originally part of my therapist blog challenge from my therapist Facebook group: Therapy Versus Coaching: Should You See a Therapist or a Coach.
Connect with Jodie on Social:
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.