In What is Psychotherapy? I dive deep with Certified Transactional Analyst, Jo Frasca. This episode will help clients suffering with attachment, interpersonal and complex trauma learn more about how to find a properly trained psychotherapist, what happens in psychotherapy and how it works. This episode is also a wonderful resource for mental health professionals to learn more about therapy and how it works differently to counselling, social work, psychology and coaching.
Jo Frasca is in private practice in Sydney Australia working with adults, adolescents and couples. She works within the relational psychoanalytic frame and is a trained Certified Transactional Analyst. She works with transference and countertransference, family of origin and early attachment concepts. She is interested in public education on the differing professional services offered for emotional and mental health and training standards for psychotherapy. Jo has published one book, Delving Deeper, and about to publish a second with Routledge.
In this episode, Jo Frasca also talks about:
- Transactional Analysis
- Ego States: the Parent, the Adult & the Child
- The Drama Triangle
- What’s the difference between a counsellor, social worker, psychologist and psychotherapist?
- The difference between therapy and strategies such as CBT and EMDR
- How does psychotherapy work?
- At least weekly therapy is the gold standard for psychotherapy to work
- Why the therapist sets the frame regarding attendance, timing and boundaries
- Attachment, the Strange Situation and how this applies to therapy
- Psychotherapy is a holding environment
- Why dependency matters in psychotherapy
- Why psychotherapists must have their own therapy
- What is relational psychoanalysis?
- What training should a psychotherapist have?
- What happens in your first psychotherapy session?
- What are the benefits of therapy?
- Is talk / narrative therapy still current?
- Somatic psychotherapy
- Delving Deeper, Jo’s book about psychotherapy
- The Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) Training Standards and therapist database
- Find a psychotherapist in your area
Free Giveaway! Delving Deeper by Jo Frasca
Jo has generously offered a copy of her book to give away! To enter:
- Review the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale on iTunes and /or wherever else you listen to your podcasts
- Screenshot your review and send to me via email or wherever you follow me on social media
- I will randomly draw one name on the 1st of March to win a copy of Jo’s book
Connect with Jo on social
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Join The Soul-Centred Women Facebook Group
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download