In The Insidious Nature of Shame, Dr. Sona Delurgio talks about trauma, shame and disordered eating.
Dr. Sona DeLurgio is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a psychoanalyst, and a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and Supervisor. She also provides coaching for women’s emotional and relational wellness. Sona has been practicing for over 27 years specializing in Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating, Body Image issues, Trauma, and Relationships. She has a passion for helping women heal their pain, deepen their relationships, and discover their true selves, so they can be free to live their most authentic, peaceful, and fulfilled life! Sona has a private practice in Westlake Village, California and provides therapy through telehealth in California as well.
In The Insidious Nature of Shame, Sona also talks about:
- What is contemporary psychoanalysis?
- What is shame?
- The impact of shame
- Why attunement between caregiver and child is crucial to well-being
- What is attachment?
- The different attachment styles
- Developing a sense of security
- How shame shows up in women’s lives
- Shame and disordered eating
- Food is the earliest form of nurture
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- What is the frame of psychoanalysis?
- The frequency of psychoanalysis and the depth of the work
- Attunement in psychoanalysis
- Long term research proves psychodynamic psychotherapy works
- Why once a week is the gold standard for therapy to work
- Why starting psychotherapy is the most courageous thing you can do
- How psychotherapy helps you to move through your suffering
- There is nothing like the relationship you will have with your therapist
Connect with Dr Sona Delurgio:
- Free Breakthrough Pathway Lesson One
- WeConnect Online Circle with Sona
- Dr Sona Delurgio’s website
- Sona DeLurgio, Therapy & Coaching for Women on Facebook
- Sona DeLurgio, Psy.D., LMFT on Instagram
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Join The Soul-Centred Women Facebook Group
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply