In The Insidious Nature of Shame, Dr. Sona Delurgio talks about trauma, shame and disordered eating.
Dr. Sona DeLurgio is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, a psychoanalyst, and a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist and Supervisor. She also provides coaching for women’s emotional and relational wellness. Sona has been practicing for over 27 years specializing in Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating, Body Image issues, Trauma, and Relationships. She has a passion for helping women heal their pain, deepen their relationships, and discover their true selves, so they can be free to live their most authentic, peaceful, and fulfilled life! Sona has a private practice in Westlake Village, California and provides therapy through telehealth in California as well.
In The Insidious Nature of Shame, Sona also talks about:
- What is contemporary psychoanalysis?
- What is shame?
- The impact of shame
- Why attunement between caregiver and child is crucial to well-being
- What is attachment?
- The different attachment styles
- Developing a sense of security
- How shame shows up in women’s lives
- Shame and disordered eating
- Food is the earliest form of nurture
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
- What is the frame of psychoanalysis?
- The frequency of psychoanalysis and the depth of the work
- Attunement in psychoanalysis
- Long term research proves psychodynamic psychotherapy works
- Why once a week is the gold standard for therapy to work
- Why starting psychotherapy is the most courageous thing you can do
- How psychotherapy helps you to move through your suffering
- There is nothing like the relationship you will have with your therapist
Connect with Dr Sona Delurgio:
- Dr Sona Delurgio’s website
- Sona DeLurgio, Therapy & Coaching for Women on Facebook
- Sona DeLurgio, Psy.D., LMFT on Instagram
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists