In Recovering from Sexual Abuse, I talk with Therapy Chat Podcast Host & Trauma Therapist, Laura Reagan.
Laura is an integrative trauma therapist using a holistic and attachment focused approach in her work with adult survivors of childhood abuse. She is the owner of a group psychotherapy practice in the Baltimore metro area of the US. In her podcast, Therapy Chat, she interviews therapists, researchers and other experts on trauma, attachment, relationships, perfectionism, worthiness, mindfulness and self compassion. Laura is passionate about helping trauma survivors as they work through their healing journeys. She uses her training and experience in working with hundreds of trauma survivors over 18 years as well as her own personal knowledge of the powerful process of recovering from traumatic experiences to walk alongside her clients.
In this episode Laura also talks about:
- How she came to specialize in trauma
- What is sexual abuse?
- What is grooming?
- How parents respond to disclosure matters
- Complex trauma (CPTSD) and secondary trauma
- Common trauma responses
- Women who have been sexually abused are more likely to be sexually assaulted
- Feeling guilt and shame
- How women heal from big Ts (single incident traumas) and little ts (complex trauma)
- Resources for healing
- Book: The Courage to Heal
- Kristen Neff – SelfCompassion.Org
- Trauma informed yoga with Zabi
Connect with Laura on Social:
Connect Online with Jodie
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook page
Trauma Warriors™ Facebook Group
The Psychosynthesis Centre Facebook page
Opening the Door on Private Practice for Counsellors & Psychotherapists