In What is Eating Disorder Coaching? Sarah Lee shares with us about becoming an eating psychology and eating disorder coach. This super authentic episode will be of much value to women suffering with dieting, disordered eating and eating disorders. It will also be of value to counsellors and therapists who would like to know more about how an eating disorder coach could be of service to their clients.
Sarah Lee is a Certified Eating Disorder Recovery Coach located in Dallas, Texas and works with clients worldwide. In addition, she is also professionally certified in Mind-Body Nutrition, Dynamic Eating Psychology, and Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy. Sarah helps all ages, yet specializes in adolescents. She believes the road to recovery is as unique as each individual and their story. While thriving and overachieving at a young age in the banking industry, Sarah secretly struggled with Bulimia for seven years in her twenties; however, has now been free for fourteen years. Not only does she personally understand what it is like to have an eating disorder and experience the recovery journey, she also has the education and skills to help.
In What is Eating Disorder Coaching? Sarah shares with us about:
- Her recovery story from bulimia
- Giving birth and baby weight
- Being the ‘perfect’ weight watcher
- Sarah and the chocolate cake
- The Institute for the Psychology of Eating
- Carolyn Costin Eating Disorder Training
- Why Carolyn Costin sets the bar high for coach training
- Mothers, daughters and disordered eating – what’s the biggest problem?
- What are the primary concern between mothers and daughters?
- Mothers suffering with their own trauma
- Mothers’ parenting styles
- Mothers dieting and on the disordered eating
- Diet culture
- Dieting is disordered eating
- FAO therapists – not all coaching is flimsy
- What type of clients is coaching suitable for?
- The 10 Phases of Eating Disorder Recovery
- What do coaches actually do?
- Eating, food and clothes shopping with clients
- Meal challenges
- Finding an eating disorder recovery team
- Can someone fully recover from an eating disorder?
- What does it mean to be recovered?
- Care of the Soul
Connect with Sarah online:
Sarah Lee Eating Disorder Recovery Coach Website
Sarah Lee Recovery on Facebook
Subscribe now to discover why women from all around the globe are tuning in to the Soul Sessions with Jodie Gale podcast.
Subscribe now and get your Free eBook: 4 Ways to Befriend Your Body
Follow The Soul Centre. Healing, Self-Development, Spiritual & Post Traumatic Growth on Facebook
Want to be a guest on the show? You can find topics of interest and more information on our Write for Us page.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Reply