The Green Goddess Dressing is one of my favourites – you can use it to dress a salad, serve with crudités or steamed veggies, in a burrito, to dip potato or sweet potato chips or at the centre of a Buddha bowl.
Avocados are good for the heart, skin and digestion. They relieve inflammation and are linked with lower levels of depression due to the high level of folate in them.
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup avocado
- 7-8 Tbsp water
- 5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of packed fresh green herbs such as basil, parsley, dill, tarragon, mint or coriander
- ½ cup packed green chives
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ tsp of something sweet such as rice syrup, maple syrup or stevia (optional)
1. Add garlic clove to blender or food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
2. Add in the water, oil, avocado, herbs & chives. Blitz until smooth. Then add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sweetener to taste. Finally add in the salt & cayenne.
3. Serve with your favourite veggies!
4. Store in an air tight container or jar in the fridge for approximately 5 days.
Looking for more balanced plant-based recipes and ideas? Follow my Nourish boards on Pinterest.