Is Self-Care calling your name?
If you have suffered early childhood trauma and are trying to recover from food, weight and body image concerns – radical self-care is at the core of your recovery.
Typically women with a trauma history tend to self-abandon, self-abuse, self-loathe, self-neglect and self-sabotage. Sound familiar?
Self-care is an act of kindness towards yourself and it will help to build a healthy, nourishing and nurturing part that you can call on to put all of those self-destructive behaviours out of a job.
Here are some ideas for Self-Care Sundays and remember…perfectionism is the killer of joy so you don’t need to do everything on the list. Listen to your body and your senses – what do they enjoy on this list? Start there.
- Nourish yourself with foods that you enjoy eating
- Stay hydrated throughout the day
- Treat your body to some pampering and body love
- Spend time in nature
- Stop and smell the flowers
- Catch some sun and Vitamin D
- Meditate or go to a yoga class
- Be creative in a way that moves your soul
- Listen to your fave music
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
- Diffuse and smell some essential oils
- Speak kind words to yourself
- Have coffee and cake with friends
- Netflix and chill
- Rest and relax with a good book
- Take a nice warm bath with your favourite bath products
- Take some time to plan your week – be sure to schedule in self-care breaks
Leave a Reply